Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Amplive Remixes Radiohead, I Finally Join the Technology Era

So if you haven't heard about the trials and tribulations behind Amplive's remixes of Radiohead's In Rainbows, here's the short and skinny of it. Amplive planned to release an album (of sorts) of remixes and reinterpretations of the new Radiohead album with help from such big names as Del the Funky Homosapien and Chali2NA without asking permission from the band. No problem right? After all the album was released to the public via the internet for basically free. Wrong! Apparently Radiohead's management felt that this wasn't the kind of forward-thinking progress the band would encourage and filed this.

Well to keep a short story brief, things have been worked out between the two camps and you can now freely download Amplive's Rainydayz Remixes here. All is right in remix land again.


In a bit of personal news, I finally bought an Ipod. Thanks to my job I was able to purchase a gently used 80G Ipod for less than half the price I would've paid for a new one. I can finally mark step one off my technology checklist. Now for step two: build army of robots who weap openly while listening to Leonard Cohen's Songs of Love and Hate. Why? Because I can!

Sources: Tiny Mix Tapes, Pitchfork.

No comments: