Tuesday, June 24, 2008

GayBomb

Two nights ago I discovered my new favorite hole in the wall. Villager you have now been replaced by Betty's. It's less than 2 miles from my house, tucked away around the corner from Charlotte Pike, full of unusually interesting characters, they make a decent burger, and they have $1.50 PBRs. Basically I'm in love, but that's not what I wanted to talk about. However instead of talking, I thought I'd show you a video of what I saw on my first trip to Betty's. Lady's and gentlemen I give you GayBomb.



Call it what you will, you cannot deny this guy is doing something totally original. Honestly it was really hard to stay for the whole thing (as he definitely did this for a good 20 minutes), but it was also hard not to be astounded by what he was doing. The concept is simple enough. If you can record music to magnetic tape, and you can record information to magnetic strips on pieces of paper, ergo you must then be able to record music to those same magnetic strips. Now, granted I'm using the term "music" quite loosely when referring to GayBomb's performance, but my point is this guy is definitely on to something. Regardless, GayBomb was easily the most refreshing thing I've seen in a Nashville bar in a long time. I really wish I had more commentary than that, but I honestly still can't completely wrap my brain around it all. That's probably a good sign.

1 comment:

K. McCallister said...

Yet another reason for me to move to Nashville.