Sunday, March 2, 2008

Baby You're A Rich Man

Basically until next Tuesday I have somewhere between $30 and $40 on which to live. I'm not complaining, mind you. I'm just stating the facts. Because of this I won't be going out much or really AT ALL until I get paid again. Personally I'm fine with living off of bread, turkey, eggs, and Ramen noodles. Honestly, I would probably do this even if I had money to spend.

However, since I am in said monetary state today I have literally done nothing but play NBA Jam on my Super Nintendo. For at least six or maybe even as many as eight hours I have played as former President, Bill Clinton, in a two-on-two match generally as either the Chicago Bulls or the Charlotte Hornets vs. every team in the NBA circa 1993. I have beaten the game at least once and will probably do it a second time before the night is over. I now have a huge blister on my left thumb as well as tiny blisters under both my thumbnails and one on the inside of my left index finger because of this game.

Really, I don't even like video games all that much, especially sports-related video games, but NBA Jam is easily the most fun game for the SNES system save only Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past. This is really all about childhood nostalgia.

I am absolutely not ashamed to admit any of this. I realize none of this has anything to do with music. I promise to have that real post up in the next two days, seriously.

1 comment:

K. McCallister said...

holy shit that's hilarious!

You know, on one of those versions, you can be Thurston Moore and Kim Gordon. I can't remember which or how you get it, but you can...