Thursday, September 4, 2008

More Bullshit and Mace In America

I know I promised not to get political again, but (in the words of The Big Lebowski) some new shit has come to light. Yeah. So it turns out that a few days prior to the events in my last post, another friend of mine was maced in the face while taking pictures of protesters outside the Democratic National Convention. Now, I know Christian, and in all fairness, of all the people I know, he's probably the person most likely to be mistaken for an anarchist, but not when he has a camera in his hands and a big bright and shiny press pass displayed for all to see. Looks like the Democrats are just as threatened by the truth as the Republicans are. Hmm.

For more information on the incident mentioned in my last blog, here's an article in which Nathan Weber explains how he was beaten by the police. Let's have a closer look at Nathan's face, shall we?

Could be worse, right? I mean Nathan just kind of looks like that normally, but he's clearly been beaten in the face with a blunt object as well. Also this picture is out of focus. Sorry, I didn't take it.

One more thing and then I'll go. Just so you know, a lot of what Governor Palin said last night wasn't exactly the truth. Here's Fact Check's take on what she had to say. Remember, she hates the polar bear, an animal that looks more cuddly than Nathan Weber, but is, in fact, far more dangerous.


For real, once my friends stop getting the shit beaten out of them for doing their jobs and exercising their Constitutional rights, I'll get off my soap box. Until then, God bless America.

1 comment:

Mike said...

don't apologize! these are trying times for people who still believe that they have the unalienable rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness... you know, the rights the Constitution guarantees us, except when Bush/Cheney/Rove use it for toilet paper.